The top question people ask is: "How do I get traffic to my blog?” And who doesn't want more visitors? Well, I'm sure there are a few people who would say no, but those folks are few and far between. For the rest of us mere mortals getting more readers to our blogs is usually one of our top priorities.
Here are the top 7 things you can do, right now, to increase traffic...
1. Put up a blog post - Yep original content will get readers visiting. Search engines are looking for new, original content. They do this because their customers (people looking for information) demand it.
2. Submit a post to a blog carnival - This is a powerful way to pull traffic from the blogosphere. Submit one of your best posts to blogcarnival.com.
3. Leave a relevant comment on other blogs - Leave a comment which other people reading like & the will click on your link to see what else you have to say. Leave a lame comment and you will be ignored. Avoid writing comments such as "I agree." "Good Info.", or "Thanks"
4. Write and submit an article - Articles still work... Articles still work... Articles still work. Hope you get the point. I still get traffic from articles I wrote months ago. Don't know what to write about? Why not rewrite one of your blog posts?
5. Social Marketing Can Be A Blessing or a Curse - What exactly is social marketing? Here is what I believe is a good definition of Social marketing. It is a way to get your message to your market without appearing to be marketing to them. It fact it is the opposite of marketing... you are providing value to your market, and they in turn will reward you with their business.
6. Respond to a forum post - It's popular to bash forums these days, but done right it still brings people to your blog. Make sure your are adding valuable comments, and adding to the conversation. One quick tip... make sure your signature file only has one or at most 2 links.
7. Record a video - There are people who don't have time to read, and like to get their information by watching videos. By turning your post into a video you could find another source of people that would normally miss your blog. Did you know YouTube is the 3rd most visited site on the web right now? Put these strategies to work for you today and see your numbers increase. But, once again it is only as good as the action you take on these tips...