1. RSS, or real simple syndication feeds, are a very simple method of updating customers on your products or services as the updates are made. Through an RSS feed aggregator, or reader, your potential customers can receive updates immediately through an RSS feed. RSS Readers will update your customers as soon as you add new information. The information can be easily set up to show on their homepage or sites like Google.
2. Social BookMarking is becoming a very important aspect of search engine optimization. A social bookmarking site is very much like adding a website to your favorites. The difference is that a social bookmarking site lets you communicate your favorites with everyone else on the internet! This also leads to one-way links pointing to your website. The premier site for social bookmarking is del.icio.us, first you register and then you can begin social bookmarking. Our secret for the easiest social bookmarking is The Socializer. It is constantly updated to include the latest social bookmarking sites. It provides you with a code that you can use on your sites to automatically allow your customers to social bookmark your site!
3. Webceo and IPB 9.0 are the best seo tools we have ever seen. Either of them will give you some major insight into the way search engines work. They assist you in analyzing your competition, choosing keywords, validate your site's html and fix what is broken, submit to search engines and directories, check your rankings and more!
4. Google Sitemaps give the top dog of search engines a close look at your website. Instead of relying on the Google robot to find every page of your site, your sitemap tells it exactly where to go. You can have your sitemap generated for you at any Google Sitemap Generator. Google analytics will tell you exactly what keywords people are using to find your site and which ones are getting clicked the most.
5. Our last, and possibly most important tool for search engine optimization is Roboform. This software remembers passwords and logins for many sites, but this is not the main use. We use Roboform for directory, article and press release submissions. This totally automates the process. All you do is enter your information and click a little button and it will fill in every bit of repetitious information in one second. This saves you a ton of time and allows you to get on with more important things, like customer service!
Search Engine Optimization is a huge part of online business, but a necessary one for that matter. Your goal should always be to offer your customers the best website in your industry. If you don't have the time to create the best website online, there are plenty of companies and individuals that would be willing to do it for you.