You don't have to sell or promote like a crazed marketer in order to make some decent money online with your affiliate links. You can advertise your links in a tactful and smart way to maximize your income with little effort.
Some will argue that you can and should exploit your blog traffic by placing Google AdSense within your posts, maximizing every inch of "dead space" on your blog with banner ads, writing affiliate product reviews, or even adding text link ads, but you can have all of those things and make no money if you do not provide people with what they came to your blog for in the first place: Valuable Content That Will Help Them Solve Their Problems.
The main focus of your blog should always be the creation of high quality content. If you consistently provide great content - information that keeps people interested and excited, ideas and strategies that are innovative and fresh, things that make people want to come back and visit your blog often - you'll be setting yourself up to make money online.
1. Affiliate Marketing 101We've all heard the phrase, don't judge a book by its cover, right?! Well that doesn't apply when it comes to your website. First impressions are huge and being that you only have about 13 seconds to capture your visitor’s attention, you need to make it a priority to set the tone for a visitor's experience on your blog. You don't want your visitors first impression of your blog to be, WOW, How much money are they trying to get out of me today?...This is what people may think if your blog has banner ads and advertisements in every nook and cranny.
People buy from those they know, like and trust. You have to be genuinely interested in that person first to be genuinely interested in what they have to offer you.
2. Promote Affiliate Products That You Have UsedThe best way to earn money with affiliate links is that to only recommend products that you have personally used or are currently using. It is responsible and the right way to market affiliate products.
3. Describe Your Affiliate ProductsIf you are actively promoting a particular affiliate product you should be able to give a description about its benefits because you've personally used it right? Share your experience and knowledge with your readers. When describing your affiliate products throw in results or supporting data if you can. By doing so they will be more likely to click on your ad or link to learn more about how that product can help them.
4. Lead with Value...Affiliate Link SecondMake sure the content you write is not just for the sake of placing an affiliate link in it. Writing a post with the intention of promoting or advertising the link does not work. People can see right past these types of posts. Always lead with value, with content and that will drive the affiliate links you offer.
5. Promote Affiliate Products That Are Related To Your Niche:You should only promote products that are related to your niche or area of expertise and never promote more than two of the same type of product. The more products you promote the less "stock" each one has. Also the more products you promote, the more difficult it becomes for people to make a decision. It's kind of like going to Baskin Robbins and having 31 Flavors to choose from. If you give your readers a few options they don't get overwhelmed with the decision of where to spend their money. Lastly when you continuously promote the same products, you readers will realize that there must be something special about these because you keep mentioning them.
6. Create A Central Resource PageA resource or recommended tools page is a page that highlights useful links to websites, products or services related to your niche. This page is perfect for placing your affiliate links, so make sure to take advantage of this type of page if you have not done so already. Not only is this is great for you, it is of great value to your readers who may be looking for additional resources related to your niche. By making this page accessible on your blog your readers may even come across other products and services they were not necessarily looking for on your page but do need to take their business to the next level. Everybody wins.
7. Promote Winning Affiliate ProductsOnly promote the products that you know make you the most money. You will only know which products are hot after a little bit of trial and error and by looking at the products that are converting into sales. Any products that are not generating income should be dumped. If they don't pay out get rid of them. You don't want affiliate ads occupying valuable space. Testing is key when optimizing your affiliate income.
Affiliate marketing on your blog is a great source of passive residual income. Your content will be on the Internet for a long time along with any affiliate links you embed in your posts as well. As long as you are following these simple yet effective tips - creating awesome content, promoting great products and leading with value - your affiliate income will steadily continue to increase!
If you are going to build an affiliate income that is worth taking about, you need to make sure you are doing everything you can to maximize your success. Is it hard work? Yes, but if you are able to develop a system that gets you results, duplicate it, be consistent and build your affiliate business one step at a time.